San Diego Weddings and Unique Portraits

Welcome to my archived blog space for Papaya Sky Photography. I ran Papaya Sky Photography part time in addition to my day job from the end of 2009 to 2012. After my son turned a few months old I decided to retire the business in order to focus more of my time on my two young kids and my day job.

For more information about what I'm doing now, please visit my current online portfolio website at www.motionjen.com.
~Jennifer Gaughran

Sunday, July 31, 2011

More family visits!

This week we had several visitors from my mom's side of the family. I took the opportunity to do a couple of portraits while they were in town, excepting for my cousin Kendall who refused to pose. Since I am a nice person I am choosing not to post the photo of him cowering on the couch with his face hidden from the camera. ;)

But first, the obligatory photo of Gwinna with her first pair of shoes, looking a bit sunburned after spending several hours at the park.
I told my uncle I wanted a couple of serious shots of him, probably because my family has a really difficult time taking serious shots (most of the time we're beating each other up or sticking fingers up each other's noses while posing for the camera). He kindly humored me while I dragged him down to the bottom of my mom's canyon and set up my flash through an umbrella to get the different lighting effects. :) My cousin Christina, posing with the same umbrella but inside the house. We've done a fun photoshoot during each of her visits during the last couple of years, but between chasing after a toddler and the short nature of their visit this time we just did a few portraits with dramatic directional light instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment