San Diego Weddings and Unique Portraits

Welcome to my archived blog space for Papaya Sky Photography. I ran Papaya Sky Photography part time in addition to my day job from the end of 2009 to 2012. After my son turned a few months old I decided to retire the business in order to focus more of my time on my two young kids and my day job.

For more information about what I'm doing now, please visit my current online portfolio website at www.motionjen.com.
~Jennifer Gaughran

Friday, February 25, 2011

Personal: A new painting!

It's been a while since I've gotten a chance to continue my series of abstract paintings that I began a few years ago, but last fall I got the perfect spurt of inspiration to finish this small gem. My uncle decided to buy a brand-new house and wanted to fill it with some bright pieces of artwork. Originally he called me inquiring about ordering some prints of my other paintings, but a few days later I got a call for for an original piece...from his son and daughter. They had decided to pool their resources to get their dad a painting for a Christmas present and I was the lucky recipient of the commission.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoy painting...how the layers and layers of colors build to create different shades and depths in the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment