San Diego Weddings and Unique Portraits

Welcome to my archived blog space for Papaya Sky Photography. I ran Papaya Sky Photography part time in addition to my day job from the end of 2009 to 2012. After my son turned a few months old I decided to retire the business in order to focus more of my time on my two young kids and my day job.

For more information about what I'm doing now, please visit my current online portfolio website at www.motionjen.com.
~Jennifer Gaughran

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Family Portraits: Virginia's 90th Birthday

I was honored when my friend Karen asked if I could take pictures for her grandmother Virginia's 90th birthday party. It was a surprise party, and the room was packed with friends and family waiting to great this wonderful woman.

She thought they were meeting just a few friends for lunch so needless to say the room full of people welcoming her was completely unexpected!Her son gave a touching speech to all present.
Karen and her mother did an awesome job of organizing the fun flapper theme.Both the balloons and decor was a huge hit with the kids (and adults too!)

And of course the delicious food and cakes!
The family also created a slideshow with pictures from Virginia's life....incredible to see all the amazing things she'd done over the last 90 years! What an inspiration. :)
We met a couple of days later to get the entire family photographed in the park just a few blocks from where she now lives. Here are just a couple of the family portraits and individual portraits I took of all the kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment