San Diego Weddings and Unique Portraits

Welcome to my archived blog space for Papaya Sky Photography. I ran Papaya Sky Photography part time in addition to my day job from the end of 2009 to 2012. After my son turned a few months old I decided to retire the business in order to focus more of my time on my two young kids and my day job.

For more information about what I'm doing now, please visit my current online portfolio website at www.motionjen.com.
~Jennifer Gaughran

Monday, November 30, 2009

Joshua Tree Art Walk

Steve and I had the great opportunity to join a couple of our friends in Joshua Tree for the October Art Walk this year. Not only did we see some amazing art, but we were treated to the mouth-watering culinary talents of Chef Rosa who started out our Saturday morning by offering us delicious home-baked muffins right out of the oven. What a way to start out such an inspiring weekend!
Chef Rosa Ficara making a delicious soup, seasoned with her own special seasoning "Rosa's Touch." I brought a jar home with me and it immediately became a staple ingredient in my kitchen. Better order more before I run out!


Joshua Tree has many vintage clothing enthusiasts who revel in a distinct sense of personal style.

A trailer filled with stuffed animals.

I love Melissa and Rosa because they are two people who you can laugh whole-heatedly with and who are always ready to sit down and eat good food with friends.

One of Steve Rieman's amazing metal wind sculptures. He spent years perfecting the technique of building the beautiful combination of polished and rusted metal to turn with the desert breeze in complete silence.
The artist and his wife with Rosa and some of her beautiful aprons.

1 comment:

  1. Need Rosa's food!!! Love the one with Rosa & Melissa walking away with the those killer heels!

    ReplyDelete